We aim to provide a high quality of service to our clients and if something goes wrong we need you to tell us as soon as possible. If we know there is a problem then it gives us an opportunity to address it and to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint please follow the following procedure:
1. First contact the partner who was supervising your matter to see if the problem can be resolved informally
2. If you are not satisfied with the outcome please write to our Client Care Partner, Mr Toby Rowland, Peter Peter & Wright, 1 Queen Street, Bude EX23 8AZ. We will acknowledge receipt of your letter, normally within 5 working days, enclosing, if you have not been sent one before, a copy of this procedure.
3. We will then investigate your complaint.
4. After doing so we will contact you again, usually within 8 weeks of receipt of your letter, responding to the issues raised and (if appropriate) giving our suggestions for resolving the problem. Alternatively, we may invite you to a meeting if you prefer.
6. If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman by post at Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH; by telephone on 0300 555 0333; online at www.legalombudsman.org.uk, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to consider the complaint including any complaint about our bill. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint.
If your complaint does not relate to the service we have provided but instead you consider we have breached the Principles set out by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (set out here), you can report your concerns direct to the Solicitors Regulation Authority ("SRA"). The SRA's reporting procedure can be found on their website.